Influence Marketing (IM) is the process by which you identify those who influence the decisions of your customers so as to create, manage, and measure relationships with those influencers to the benefit of your brand or business (for examples of IM campaigns click here or here).
They key is to NOT treat influencers like a sales partner, but like a customer, that you need to identify, engage, and win-over.
To help you get started, here’s five Influence Marketing software tools or platforms we recommend:
InNetwork is an Influence Marketplace that empowers your business to find trusted social media influencers that can deliver your brand message to your defined target audience, with easy to use tools. InNetwork lets you search for influencers by categories, geography, gender, and language and sort your list by your target audience. Last I checked it was still only available in Canada but would be rolling out is US soon.
I’ve covered InkyBee in a previous post. It’s an Influence Marketing tool for anyone targeting or working with Bloggers, specifically: finding the most relevant blogs to target, deciding which ones are the most “influential”, managing the whole process in one place and keeping track of the work done in building relationships with bloggers, and measuring the results of any outreach.
Traackr enables marketers to focus their social initiatives on the people who have the greatest ability to impact their objectives. The platform discovers, monitors and measures online influencers and the content they produce. Neat features include real-time listening, sentiment analysis, and share of voice reporting which monitors your compared to the competition.
Appinions wants to make Influence Marketing scientific. The platform provides six ignition modules that produce trust points to optimize your marketing efforts and serve your larger business objectives, including: Executive Influence, Launch Marketing, Content Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility, Earned Display, and Event Optimization.
GroupHigh is a blogger outreach platform used to identify, analyze, and manage relationships with bloggers. It helps agencies and brands streamline their blog outreach efforts by surfacing high-quality and active blogs via its search engine. The software then automates the research of social and SEO metrics and provides a portal where you can track and organize blogger relationships and communication.
No matter which Influence Marketing software tool you choose, it’s about engagement, engagement, engagement.
UPDATED August 2016:
- The Big Problem with Advertising on LinkedIn - November 15, 2016
- A Monthly B2B Digital Marketing Checklist - October 25, 2016
- Why Your Conversation Rate Optimization (CRO) Budget Should Be Bigger than Your Social Media Budget (By Far) - October 4, 2016
- Examples of Google AdWords Done Right (and Wrong) for Keyword “Email Encryption Software” - September 20, 2016
- Is it Time to Kill the Contact Form? - September 13, 2016
- Wasted Clicks, Wasted Cash: Why Google Needs a B2B Category for its Ad Platform - August 9, 2016
- Why There’s No Reason to Bid More than the Minimum for LinkedIn Sponsored Updates Clicks - August 2, 2016
- Examples of Google AdWords Done Right & Wrong for Search Term “Benefits Administration Software” - July 12, 2016
- New Evidence that B2B Brands are Killing Twitter…Let’s Reverse this Trend - July 6, 2016
- CRO? SEO? Influence Marketing? Digital Marketing FAQs and Answers - June 28, 2016