The three most popular services businesses demand from us are:
- Pay Per Click (PPC) aka Google AdWords
- Website Design
Here’s how many of these conversations go with clients just looking for a single service.
PPC Client: I need to get more leads and sales with Google AdWords.
Me: Great, we can definitely help drive new leads and sales with PPC. But not every lead will be ready to buy from you yet, as they may be in the early stages of the buying cycle. Do you have a lead nurturing, email marketing, and/or content marketing plan to keep those prospects engaged with your brand for when they are ready to buy? And for those who do buy, do you have a blogging, content, and social media strategy to keep them engaged, or a referral strategy to get more referrals?
PPC Client: No.
SEO Client: I need to rank better on Google to get better rankings and more traffic to my website.
Me: Sure thing, we can help with SEO. But even if we get you higher rankings and more traffic, your website hasn’t been updated in five years, isn’t mobile friendly, and isn’t designed for conversion or for the different stages of the buying cycle that you’re visitors will be in.
SEO Client: Hmmm, okay. So I guess we need our website redesigned too.
Website Design Client
Website Design Client: We haven’t updated our website in five years, how much will it cost to redesign it and when can it be ready?
Me: Yes, we can help you redesign your website. But a website is something that is never finished….it needs to be constantly tested for optimal conversion (e.g. split testing) and lead generation, have a steady supply of content that both your audience and search engines will appreciate, and be supported by a strong social media and email marketing strategy. Did you want that too?
Website Design Client: Hmmm, yeah probably should.
What’s My Point?
Digital marketing is an INTEGRATED EXPERIENCE.
You can’t just focus on tactics and expect everything to fall into place.
Your business first needs a digital marketing strategy, and you’ll need more than one or two tactics to make a strategy.
A strategy covers the the customer experience from end-to-end, including: a Google search to an optimized website or landing page; to a free trial, white paper download, or email signup; to a quote, subscription, or purchase; to ongoing content and engagement and referrals.
That’s why we’re moving away from offering single-service digital marketing services.
We want to work with businesses that understand the importance of strategy over tactics.
If you’re only going to do PPC, only going to do SEO, or only going to redesign that website, then you’re not seeing the whole picture.
Your business probably wasn’t built on a tactic or two, but on a full strategy.
So should follow your digital marketing.
- Examples of Google AdWords Done Right & Wrong for Search Term “Benefits Administration Software” - July 12, 2016
- New Evidence that B2B Brands are Killing Twitter…Let’s Reverse this Trend - July 6, 2016
- CRO? SEO? Influence Marketing? Digital Marketing FAQs and Answers - June 28, 2016
- A Great Event for Learning All About Digital - May 31, 2016
- Critiquing Google Ads & Landing Pages for Search Term “Supply Chain Management Software” - May 17, 2016
- Should You Pay People to Try Your Free Trial or Attend Your Webinar? - May 10, 2016
- The Case for Giving Away Your eBook or White Paper Without Asking for Name & Email Address - May 3, 2016
- If I Had a SaaS Startup, Here’s My Marketing Plan - April 26, 2016
- Why LinkedIn’s Sponsored Updates Isn’t a Bad Idea for B2B Lead Gen - April 12, 2016
- US Businesses…Acquiring a Canadian Customer is Now 30% Cheaper - April 5, 2016